To achieve optimum results when installing self adhesive vinyl or wallpaper, wall surfaces must be properly prepared prior to installation as follows
- Imperfections in the wall surface will not be corrected or ‘hidden’ by application of self adhesive vinyl or wallpaper and imperfections will still show after installation.
- Rough wall surfaces such as raw plaster, fibre cement and concrete including all other textured wall surfaces are not suitable for application.
- We recommend white acrylic based undercoat followed by 2 coats of white high-gloss Acrylic based paint. The paint must be applied using a fine nap roller and the wall sanded prior to each coat. A long bladed razor should also be used to remove any blemishes or pimples in the paint surface.
- The final coat must be applied at least 48 hours prior to installation to allow the paint to outgas.
- Please note that many paint products on the market such as Wash and Wear, Low Sheen and Semi Gloss contain chemicals such as Silicone or Teflon, which repel self adhesive graphics. If you are unsure about a particular paint product, please check with Brand Fuel prior to application to ensure it is suitable.
- Our preferred paint specification is: Dulux Aquanamel Gloss or Viponds Self Adhesive Prep Coat.
- Installation should be carried out in a dust free environment, as dust particles on the wall surface will affect the quality of adhesion onto the wall surface. Installation should be carried out after completion of building works (where possible) and the wall surface cleaned free of any dust.